Nov 4, 2013, 1:37 PM EST
The news on Craig Anderson isn’t great, but it’s not terrible either.
Anderson, stretchered off during Ottawa’s 4-3 shootout loss to Dallas on Sunday after a collision with Valeri Nichushkin, is listed as day-to-day with a strained neck but won’t make the trip to Columbus for Tuesday’s game against the Blue Jackets.
“It’s as positive as can be,” said Sens head coach Paul MacLean.
Here’s the incident in question:
Anderson, 31, will be replaced in the interim by Robin Lehner and the Sens have announced Nathan Lawson will be called up from AHL Binghamton to dress as the backup on Tuesday.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4