Nov 3, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
New York Rangers coach Alain Vigneault had strong words for Carolina Hurricanes rookie defenseman Ryan Murphy after the Rangers’ 5-1 win.
“I mean, in my opinion, that’s real dangerous,” Vigneault said. “Any time you’re going for knees, you’re looking at career-ending injuries here.”
“That was borderline very, very dangerous.”
On the upside for the Rangers, Dorsett wasn’t injured on the play.
Murphy, meanwhile, is in his rookie season in the NHL and has been one of the top first-year players early this year. Getting noticed on the big stage of Madison Square Garden like this probably wasn’t in his plans.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6