Nov 3, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
New York Rangers coach Alain Vigneault had strong words for Carolina Hurricanes rookie defenseman Ryan Murphy after the Rangers’ 5-1 win.
“I mean, in my opinion, that’s real dangerous,” Vigneault said. “Any time you’re going for knees, you’re looking at career-ending injuries here.”
“That was borderline very, very dangerous.”
On the upside for the Rangers, Dorsett wasn’t injured on the play.
Murphy, meanwhile, is in his rookie season in the NHL and has been one of the top first-year players early this year. Getting noticed on the big stage of Madison Square Garden like this probably wasn’t in his plans.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)