Nov 3, 2013, 9:23 AM EDT
New York Rangers coach Alain Vigneault had strong words for Carolina Hurricanes rookie defenseman Ryan Murphy after the Rangers’ 5-1 win.
“I mean, in my opinion, that’s real dangerous,” Vigneault said. “Any time you’re going for knees, you’re looking at career-ending injuries here.”
“That was borderline very, very dangerous.”
On the upside for the Rangers, Dorsett wasn’t injured on the play.
Murphy, meanwhile, is in his rookie season in the NHL and has been one of the top first-year players early this year. Getting noticed on the big stage of Madison Square Garden like this probably wasn’t in his plans.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 6
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 43
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 72
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 26
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40