Nov 3, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
It took Dallas Stars rookie Valeri Nichushkin 13 games, but he’s finally got his first NHL goal.
Early in the second period of the Stars Sunday afternoon game against the Ottawa Senators, Nichushkin broke into the Senators zone. Stars blue liner Brenden Dillon helped provide a screen and get Senators goalie Craig Anderson leaning to his left.
Unfortunately for Anderson, Nichushkin’s shot was going in the other direction beating him, giving the 2013 NHL Draft’s tenth overall pick his first of the season.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 28
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3