Nov 3, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
It took Dallas Stars rookie Valeri Nichushkin 13 games, but he’s finally got his first NHL goal.
Early in the second period of the Stars Sunday afternoon game against the Ottawa Senators, Nichushkin broke into the Senators zone. Stars blue liner Brenden Dillon helped provide a screen and get Senators goalie Craig Anderson leaning to his left.
Unfortunately for Anderson, Nichushkin’s shot was going in the other direction beating him, giving the 2013 NHL Draft’s tenth overall pick his first of the season.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)