Nov 3, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
It took Dallas Stars rookie Valeri Nichushkin 13 games, but he’s finally got his first NHL goal.
Early in the second period of the Stars Sunday afternoon game against the Ottawa Senators, Nichushkin broke into the Senators zone. Stars blue liner Brenden Dillon helped provide a screen and get Senators goalie Craig Anderson leaning to his left.
Unfortunately for Anderson, Nichushkin’s shot was going in the other direction beating him, giving the 2013 NHL Draft’s tenth overall pick his first of the season.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25