Nov 3, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
It took Dallas Stars rookie Valeri Nichushkin 13 games, but he’s finally got his first NHL goal.
Early in the second period of the Stars Sunday afternoon game against the Ottawa Senators, Nichushkin broke into the Senators zone. Stars blue liner Brenden Dillon helped provide a screen and get Senators goalie Craig Anderson leaning to his left.
Unfortunately for Anderson, Nichushkin’s shot was going in the other direction beating him, giving the 2013 NHL Draft’s tenth overall pick his first of the season.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)