Nov 3, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
It took Dallas Stars rookie Valeri Nichushkin 13 games, but he’s finally got his first NHL goal.
Early in the second period of the Stars Sunday afternoon game against the Ottawa Senators, Nichushkin broke into the Senators zone. Stars blue liner Brenden Dillon helped provide a screen and get Senators goalie Craig Anderson leaning to his left.
Unfortunately for Anderson, Nichushkin’s shot was going in the other direction beating him, giving the 2013 NHL Draft’s tenth overall pick his first of the season.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39