Nov 3, 2013, 3:56 PM EST
Ottawa Senators goalie Craig Anderson was stretchered off the ice during overtime of their game against the Dallas Stars.
Anderson collided with Stars rookie forward Valeri Nichushkin with 3:16 left in the extra period. Nichushkin’s thigh appeared to crash into Anderson’s face, knocking his head back awkwardly. Anderson laid on the ice awake and in pain, but motionless.
Senators trainers immobilized Anderson and had him taken off the ice on a stretcher. He gave a thumbs up to the Canadian Tire Centre crowd as he was wheeled off the ice.
We’ll update on his condition as it becomes available.
UPDATE (4:01 p.m. ET): Shawn McKenzie of Sportsnet has a very encouraging update.
UPDATE (4:28 p.m. ET): Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun has the injury:
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 2
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 16
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56