Nov 3, 2013, 3:56 PM EST
Ottawa Senators goalie Craig Anderson was stretchered off the ice during overtime of their game against the Dallas Stars.
Anderson collided with Stars rookie forward Valeri Nichushkin with 3:16 left in the extra period. Nichushkin’s thigh appeared to crash into Anderson’s face, knocking his head back awkwardly. Anderson laid on the ice awake and in pain, but motionless.
Senators trainers immobilized Anderson and had him taken off the ice on a stretcher. He gave a thumbs up to the Canadian Tire Centre crowd as he was wheeled off the ice.
We’ll update on his condition as it becomes available.
UPDATE (4:01 p.m. ET): Shawn McKenzie of Sportsnet has a very encouraging update.
UPDATE (4:28 p.m. ET): Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun has the injury:
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)