Nov 3, 2013, 3:56 PM EST
Ottawa Senators goalie Craig Anderson was stretchered off the ice during overtime of their game against the Dallas Stars.
Anderson collided with Stars rookie forward Valeri Nichushkin with 3:16 left in the extra period. Nichushkin’s thigh appeared to crash into Anderson’s face, knocking his head back awkwardly. Anderson laid on the ice awake and in pain, but motionless.
Senators trainers immobilized Anderson and had him taken off the ice on a stretcher. He gave a thumbs up to the Canadian Tire Centre crowd as he was wheeled off the ice.
We’ll update on his condition as it becomes available.
UPDATE (4:01 p.m. ET): Shawn McKenzie of Sportsnet has a very encouraging update.
UPDATE (4:28 p.m. ET): Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun has the injury:
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 49
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (157)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)