Nov 3, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
The best news to come out of this weekend for the New Jersey Devils might just be that this weekend is just about over.
The Minnesota Wild added insult to injuries on Sunday, shutting out a damaged Devils team 4-0. New Jersey was also blanked by Ray Emery and the Philadelphia Flyers 1-0 on Saturday.
Combine those demoralizing defeats with injuries to the likes of Patrik Elias, Travis Zajac, Peter Harrold, Jon Merrill and carryover headaches with Ryane Clowe and Bryce Salvador and things are just miserable for head coach Peter DeBoer’s group right now.
Sometimes teams want to get the next possible opportunity for redemption, yet deep down, the Devils might be glad that they have off until Thursday’s road game against the Flyers. They’re banged up and not playing very well – it’s not just bad puck luck, as New Jersey fired 33 shots on goal in these past two losses – so a little time to heal up and refresh could be very valuable.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)