Nov 3, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
The best news to come out of this weekend for the New Jersey Devils might just be that this weekend is just about over.
The Minnesota Wild added insult to injuries on Sunday, shutting out a damaged Devils team 4-0. New Jersey was also blanked by Ray Emery and the Philadelphia Flyers 1-0 on Saturday.
Combine those demoralizing defeats with injuries to the likes of Patrik Elias, Travis Zajac, Peter Harrold, Jon Merrill and carryover headaches with Ryane Clowe and Bryce Salvador and things are just miserable for head coach Peter DeBoer’s group right now.
Sometimes teams want to get the next possible opportunity for redemption, yet deep down, the Devils might be glad that they have off until Thursday’s road game against the Flyers. They’re banged up and not playing very well – it’s not just bad puck luck, as New Jersey fired 33 shots on goal in these past two losses – so a little time to heal up and refresh could be very valuable.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 0
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 27
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 20
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 19
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 42
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)