Nov 3, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
The best news to come out of this weekend for the New Jersey Devils might just be that this weekend is just about over.
The Minnesota Wild added insult to injuries on Sunday, shutting out a damaged Devils team 4-0. New Jersey was also blanked by Ray Emery and the Philadelphia Flyers 1-0 on Saturday.
Combine those demoralizing defeats with injuries to the likes of Patrik Elias, Travis Zajac, Peter Harrold, Jon Merrill and carryover headaches with Ryane Clowe and Bryce Salvador and things are just miserable for head coach Peter DeBoer’s group right now.
Sometimes teams want to get the next possible opportunity for redemption, yet deep down, the Devils might be glad that they have off until Thursday’s road game against the Flyers. They’re banged up and not playing very well – it’s not just bad puck luck, as New Jersey fired 33 shots on goal in these past two losses – so a little time to heal up and refresh could be very valuable.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)