Nov 3, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Zach Parise might be facing his old team on Sunday night, but don’t blame him if he notices a lack of familiar faces. Anton Volchenkov is the latest New Jersey Devils player to be added to the injured list with a lower-body issue, according to the Newark Star-Ledger.
Devils head coach Peter DeBoer admits this is about as bad as things have been for him in New Jersey, injury-wise.
“I think so. I think that’s fair to say,” DeBoer said. “We’ve been fairly healthy. It seems like when it rains it pours. With Salvador out and Clowe out, and Zajac and Elias going down.The unfortunate part is a couple (injuries) aren’t even game-related. They’re either practice or pre-game ritual related.”
Those must be some dangerous rituals.
- Video: Patrick Kane scores a beauty against Buffalo 0
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 24
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)