Nov 3, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Zach Parise might be facing his old team on Sunday night, but don’t blame him if he notices a lack of familiar faces. Anton Volchenkov is the latest New Jersey Devils player to be added to the injured list with a lower-body issue, according to the Newark Star-Ledger.
Devils head coach Peter DeBoer admits this is about as bad as things have been for him in New Jersey, injury-wise.
“I think so. I think that’s fair to say,” DeBoer said. “We’ve been fairly healthy. It seems like when it rains it pours. With Salvador out and Clowe out, and Zajac and Elias going down.The unfortunate part is a couple (injuries) aren’t even game-related. They’re either practice or pre-game ritual related.”
Those must be some dangerous rituals.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 0
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 9
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 57
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (61)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)