Nov 3, 2013, 8:01 PM EDT
Zach Parise might be facing his old team on Sunday night, but don’t blame him if he notices a lack of familiar faces. Anton Volchenkov is the latest New Jersey Devils player to be added to the injured list with a lower-body issue, according to the Newark Star-Ledger.
Devils head coach Peter DeBoer admits this is about as bad as things have been for him in New Jersey, injury-wise.
“I think so. I think that’s fair to say,” DeBoer said. “We’ve been fairly healthy. It seems like when it rains it pours. With Salvador out and Clowe out, and Zajac and Elias going down.The unfortunate part is a couple (injuries) aren’t even game-related. They’re either practice or pre-game ritual related.”
Those must be some dangerous rituals.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally with at MSG 10
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 22
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51