Nov 3, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
If Patrick Kaleta is going to straighten up his game, he’ll be doing it in the AHL for now.
Team GM Darcy Regier said before the Sabres’ 6-3 loss to Anaheim on Saturday night they tried to trade Kaleta but found no takers for him. They’re also worried they’re under the NHL’s thumb for what Kaleta has done over the past few seasons topped off by his 10-game suspension for elbowing Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson.
Kaleta will need to adjust his game in the AHL along the same lines how Minnesota Wild forward Matt Cooke adjusted his on the fly in Pittsburgh after numerous high-profile bad hits. If he can do that, there’s likely a spot for him back in Buffalo. Kaleta has another year remaining on his contract with the team.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 0
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 15
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 20
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5