Nov 3, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
If Patrick Kaleta is going to straighten up his game, he’ll be doing it in the AHL for now.
Team GM Darcy Regier said before the Sabres’ 6-3 loss to Anaheim on Saturday night they tried to trade Kaleta but found no takers for him. They’re also worried they’re under the NHL’s thumb for what Kaleta has done over the past few seasons topped off by his 10-game suspension for elbowing Columbus Blue Jackets defenseman Jack Johnson.
Kaleta will need to adjust his game in the AHL along the same lines how Minnesota Wild forward Matt Cooke adjusted his on the fly in Pittsburgh after numerous high-profile bad hits. If he can do that, there’s likely a spot for him back in Buffalo. Kaleta has another year remaining on his contract with the team.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 33
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 51
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 37
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 74
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 45
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)