Nov 3, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils announced that defenseman Jon Merrill suffered leg lacerations during an awkward tumble to the boards on Sunday and won’t return to tonight’s game against the Minnesota Wild. Torrey Mitchell received a tripping penalty on the play.
Here’s video of the fall:
Tonight was the first NHL game for the 21-year-old blueliner. Add that to the Devils’ snowballing set of injuries and this already unfortunate situation gets that much worse.
PHT will keep an eye out for more updates.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)