Nov 3, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils announced that defenseman Jon Merrill suffered leg lacerations during an awkward tumble to the boards on Sunday and won’t return to tonight’s game against the Minnesota Wild. Torrey Mitchell received a tripping penalty on the play.
Here’s video of the fall:
Tonight was the first NHL game for the 21-year-old blueliner. Add that to the Devils’ snowballing set of injuries and this already unfortunate situation gets that much worse.
PHT will keep an eye out for more updates.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)