Nov 3, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
It would be understandable if New Jersey Devils head coach Peter DeBoer wanted to blow off some steam after a brutal weekend, but he’s not throwing Torrey Mitchell under the bus for tripping Jon Merrill on Sunday:
“It looked accidental to me,” DeBoer said to the Newark Star Ledger’s Rich Chere after the 4-0 loss to the Minnesota Wild.
Chere reports that the 21-year-old needed stitches and underwent baseline (concussion) testing, but wasn’t available for questions following the contest.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36