Nov 3, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
It would be understandable if New Jersey Devils head coach Peter DeBoer wanted to blow off some steam after a brutal weekend, but he’s not throwing Torrey Mitchell under the bus for tripping Jon Merrill on Sunday:
“It looked accidental to me,” DeBoer said to the Newark Star Ledger’s Rich Chere after the 4-0 loss to the Minnesota Wild.
Chere reports that the 21-year-old needed stitches and underwent baseline (concussion) testing, but wasn’t available for questions following the contest.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5