Nov 3, 2013, 12:00 AM EST
When people talk about what’s exciting about the red-hot Colorado Avalanche, they usually focus on the new (Nathan MacKinnon) or the fairly new (Matt Duchene). It’s not surprising, then that Alex Tanguay‘s solid play has slipped under the radar, but maybe it won’t now that he’s injured.
The team announced that the 33-year-old winger won’t return to Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens thanks to a knee injury.
Tanguay’s been productive in his second tour with the Avs, as he has nine points in 12 games in 2013-14, including a three-game point streak that will end on Saturday (one goal, three assists).
Tanguay began his career with Colorado in 1999-2000 and ended his first run with the Avs in 2005-06. In that time, he scored at least 77 points on three occasions.
The crafty playmaker seems like he’s fitting right back in, so the Avs must hope this is minor.
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 4
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 10
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)