Nov 3, 2013, 12:00 AM EDT
When people talk about what’s exciting about the red-hot Colorado Avalanche, they usually focus on the new (Nathan MacKinnon) or the fairly new (Matt Duchene). It’s not surprising, then that Alex Tanguay‘s solid play has slipped under the radar, but maybe it won’t now that he’s injured.
The team announced that the 33-year-old winger won’t return to Saturday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens thanks to a knee injury.
Tanguay’s been productive in his second tour with the Avs, as he has nine points in 12 games in 2013-14, including a three-game point streak that will end on Saturday (one goal, three assists).
Tanguay began his career with Colorado in 1999-2000 and ended his first run with the Avs in 2005-06. In that time, he scored at least 77 points on three occasions.
The crafty playmaker seems like he’s fitting right back in, so the Avs must hope this is minor.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)