Nov 2, 2013, 7:01 PM EST
The rumblings were that the Philadelphia Flyers were being rather secretive about their goaltending choice on Saturday. Could it be because they’re rolling with Ray Emery after Friday’s mess?
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that they’re going with the 31-year-old even though he seemed to be a hard man to find before the game:
Emery in net. No one saw him there tonight when busses came in
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 2, 2013
Say what you want about the Flyers, at least they’re entertaining, even when their season seems like it’s in danger of spinning down the tubes.
It’s tough to argue that Emery’s getting the nod against New Jersey tonight because of his recent performances. Then again, Steve Mason was tagged with the loss after putting up nearly identical numbers to Emery on Friday in that 7-0 debacle to Washington, so maybe that explains the logic.
Some might argue Emery’s being rewarded for his pugnacious actions, but whatever the explanation might be, the Flyers are doing things their way.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4