Nov 2, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The rumblings were that the Philadelphia Flyers were being rather secretive about their goaltending choice on Saturday. Could it be because they’re rolling with Ray Emery after Friday’s mess?
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that they’re going with the 31-year-old even though he seemed to be a hard man to find before the game:
Emery in net. No one saw him there tonight when busses came in
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 2, 2013
Say what you want about the Flyers, at least they’re entertaining, even when their season seems like it’s in danger of spinning down the tubes.
It’s tough to argue that Emery’s getting the nod against New Jersey tonight because of his recent performances. Then again, Steve Mason was tagged with the loss after putting up nearly identical numbers to Emery on Friday in that 7-0 debacle to Washington, so maybe that explains the logic.
Some might argue Emery’s being rewarded for his pugnacious actions, but whatever the explanation might be, the Flyers are doing things their way.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 33
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6