Nov 2, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The rumblings were that the Philadelphia Flyers were being rather secretive about their goaltending choice on Saturday. Could it be because they’re rolling with Ray Emery after Friday’s mess?
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that they’re going with the 31-year-old even though he seemed to be a hard man to find before the game:
Emery in net. No one saw him there tonight when busses came in
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 2, 2013
Say what you want about the Flyers, at least they’re entertaining, even when their season seems like it’s in danger of spinning down the tubes.
It’s tough to argue that Emery’s getting the nod against New Jersey tonight because of his recent performances. Then again, Steve Mason was tagged with the loss after putting up nearly identical numbers to Emery on Friday in that 7-0 debacle to Washington, so maybe that explains the logic.
Some might argue Emery’s being rewarded for his pugnacious actions, but whatever the explanation might be, the Flyers are doing things their way.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 5
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 48
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)