Nov 2, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The rumblings were that the Philadelphia Flyers were being rather secretive about their goaltending choice on Saturday. Could it be because they’re rolling with Ray Emery after Friday’s mess?
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that they’re going with the 31-year-old even though he seemed to be a hard man to find before the game:
Emery in net. No one saw him there tonight when busses came in
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 2, 2013
Say what you want about the Flyers, at least they’re entertaining, even when their season seems like it’s in danger of spinning down the tubes.
It’s tough to argue that Emery’s getting the nod against New Jersey tonight because of his recent performances. Then again, Steve Mason was tagged with the loss after putting up nearly identical numbers to Emery on Friday in that 7-0 debacle to Washington, so maybe that explains the logic.
Some might argue Emery’s being rewarded for his pugnacious actions, but whatever the explanation might be, the Flyers are doing things their way.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 34
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)