Nov 2, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
The rumblings were that the Philadelphia Flyers were being rather secretive about their goaltending choice on Saturday. Could it be because they’re rolling with Ray Emery after Friday’s mess?
CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that they’re going with the 31-year-old even though he seemed to be a hard man to find before the game:
Emery in net. No one saw him there tonight when busses came in
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 2, 2013
Say what you want about the Flyers, at least they’re entertaining, even when their season seems like it’s in danger of spinning down the tubes.
It’s tough to argue that Emery’s getting the nod against New Jersey tonight because of his recent performances. Then again, Steve Mason was tagged with the loss after putting up nearly identical numbers to Emery on Friday in that 7-0 debacle to Washington, so maybe that explains the logic.
Some might argue Emery’s being rewarded for his pugnacious actions, but whatever the explanation might be, the Flyers are doing things their way.
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)