Nov 2, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Goaltender Kari Lehtonen wasn’t able to lead the Dallas Stars to victory last night. However, he pushed Colorado to overtime and getting a consolation point against the Avalanche right now is pretty good.
Dallas wouldn’t have gotten even that if it wasn’t for some nifty moves from Lehtonen early in the third period. He lost his stick in a scramble for the puck around the crease and because the pressure was still on, he didn’t have time to retrieve it.
Meanwhile Colorado’s John Mitchell attempted a wraparound and, well, you can see what happened for yourself:
Lehtonen was turning heads even before that save. Avalanche coach Patrick Roy called him “outstanding” in the first period, according to the Stars’ website.
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 24
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 80
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 62
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36