Nov 2, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Goaltender Kari Lehtonen wasn’t able to lead the Dallas Stars to victory last night. However, he pushed Colorado to overtime and getting a consolation point against the Avalanche right now is pretty good.
Dallas wouldn’t have gotten even that if it wasn’t for some nifty moves from Lehtonen early in the third period. He lost his stick in a scramble for the puck around the crease and because the pressure was still on, he didn’t have time to retrieve it.
Meanwhile Colorado’s John Mitchell attempted a wraparound and, well, you can see what happened for yourself:
Lehtonen was turning heads even before that save. Avalanche coach Patrick Roy called him “outstanding” in the first period, according to the Stars’ website.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 5
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 13
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 35
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 17
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)