Nov 2, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Goaltender Kari Lehtonen wasn’t able to lead the Dallas Stars to victory last night. However, he pushed Colorado to overtime and getting a consolation point against the Avalanche right now is pretty good.
Dallas wouldn’t have gotten even that if it wasn’t for some nifty moves from Lehtonen early in the third period. He lost his stick in a scramble for the puck around the crease and because the pressure was still on, he didn’t have time to retrieve it.
Meanwhile Colorado’s John Mitchell attempted a wraparound and, well, you can see what happened for yourself:
Lehtonen was turning heads even before that save. Avalanche coach Patrick Roy called him “outstanding” in the first period, according to the Stars’ website.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 35
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)