Nov 2, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Goaltender Kari Lehtonen wasn’t able to lead the Dallas Stars to victory last night. However, he pushed Colorado to overtime and getting a consolation point against the Avalanche right now is pretty good.
Dallas wouldn’t have gotten even that if it wasn’t for some nifty moves from Lehtonen early in the third period. He lost his stick in a scramble for the puck around the crease and because the pressure was still on, he didn’t have time to retrieve it.
Meanwhile Colorado’s John Mitchell attempted a wraparound and, well, you can see what happened for yourself:
Lehtonen was turning heads even before that save. Avalanche coach Patrick Roy called him “outstanding” in the first period, according to the Stars’ website.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 30
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 27
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)