Nov 2, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Goaltender Kari Lehtonen wasn’t able to lead the Dallas Stars to victory last night. However, he pushed Colorado to overtime and getting a consolation point against the Avalanche right now is pretty good.
Dallas wouldn’t have gotten even that if it wasn’t for some nifty moves from Lehtonen early in the third period. He lost his stick in a scramble for the puck around the crease and because the pressure was still on, he didn’t have time to retrieve it.
Meanwhile Colorado’s John Mitchell attempted a wraparound and, well, you can see what happened for yourself:
Lehtonen was turning heads even before that save. Avalanche coach Patrick Roy called him “outstanding” in the first period, according to the Stars’ website.
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 0
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 20
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)