Nov 2, 2013, 11:01 AM EST
Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Victor Hedman doesn’t score too often, but maybe that’s because he’s been aiming for the net all this time.
During Friday night’s contest against the Carolina Hurricanes, Hedman decided to fire the puck at the end boards, which caused it to bounce towards the Hurricanes net, hit goaltender Justin Peters and then slide in the net as Peters was trying to control it.
It was the opening goal of what would be a 3-0 victory for the Tampa Bay Lightning.
You can see that bizarre sequence below:
“I banked a shot off the back boards and hoped someone would pick it up, but luckily it just went it,” Hedman said, according to the Lightning’s website. “It is a good option to bank off the boards and create some chaos.”
Tampa Bay is now 9-4-0 going into Saturday’s game against St. Louis.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 17
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)