Nov 2, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs fans were holding out hope for good news regarding Dave Bolland, but they won’t get it on a tough Saturday. The 27-year-old forward left Vancouver’s Rogers Arena on a stretcher and will need surgery on a lacerated leg, TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports.
For a little more perspective, this post lays out some details.
Tough news, especially on a night in which Toronto lost 4-0 and put together what head coach Randy Carlyle called the Leafs’ worst effort of 2013-14.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39