Nov 2, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs fans were holding out hope for good news regarding Dave Bolland, but they won’t get it on a tough Saturday. The 27-year-old forward left Vancouver’s Rogers Arena on a stretcher and will need surgery on a lacerated leg, TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports.
For a little more perspective, this post lays out some details.
Tough news, especially on a night in which Toronto lost 4-0 and put together what head coach Randy Carlyle called the Leafs’ worst effort of 2013-14.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)