Nov 2, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs fans were holding out hope for good news regarding Dave Bolland, but they won’t get it on a tough Saturday. The 27-year-old forward left Vancouver’s Rogers Arena on a stretcher and will need surgery on a lacerated leg, TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports.
For a little more perspective, this post lays out some details.
Tough news, especially on a night in which Toronto lost 4-0 and put together what head coach Randy Carlyle called the Leafs’ worst effort of 2013-14.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6