Nov 2, 2013, 10:34 PM EDT
Toronto Maple Leafs fans were holding out hope for good news regarding Dave Bolland, but they won’t get it on a tough Saturday. The 27-year-old forward left Vancouver’s Rogers Arena on a stretcher and will need surgery on a lacerated leg, TSN’s Jonas Siegel reports.
For a little more perspective, this post lays out some details.
Tough news, especially on a night in which Toronto lost 4-0 and put together what head coach Randy Carlyle called the Leafs’ worst effort of 2013-14.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22