Nov 2, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
Goaltender Cory Schneider‘s return to the New Jersey Devils’ lineup seems imminent after he missed a week due to a groin injury, but nothing is set in stone yet.
The tentative plan is to have Schneider warm the bench for Martin Brodeur tonight before playing between the pipes in Sunday’s match against the Minnesota Wild.
Devils coach Pete DeBoer hasn’t made his final decision yet, but Schneider seems very optimistic.
“No problems, no issues the past two days. I feel good,” Schneider said yesterday, according to the Star-Ledger. “I’m good to go. I’d like to be back in there.”
The Devils have won both of their games under Brodeur since Schneider was sidelined. After getting off to a shaky start to the 2013-14 campaign, that brings them up to 3-1-1 in their last five contests.
With many teams in the Metropolitan Division off to mediocre or terrible starts, the 3-5-4 Devils were just two points out a playoff spot.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)