Nov 2, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
Goaltender Cory Schneider‘s return to the New Jersey Devils’ lineup seems imminent after he missed a week due to a groin injury, but nothing is set in stone yet.
The tentative plan is to have Schneider warm the bench for Martin Brodeur tonight before playing between the pipes in Sunday’s match against the Minnesota Wild.
Devils coach Pete DeBoer hasn’t made his final decision yet, but Schneider seems very optimistic.
“No problems, no issues the past two days. I feel good,” Schneider said yesterday, according to the Star-Ledger. “I’m good to go. I’d like to be back in there.”
The Devils have won both of their games under Brodeur since Schneider was sidelined. After getting off to a shaky start to the 2013-14 campaign, that brings them up to 3-1-1 in their last five contests.
With many teams in the Metropolitan Division off to mediocre or terrible starts, the 3-5-4 Devils were just two points out a playoff spot.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5