Nov 2, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
Goaltender Cory Schneider‘s return to the New Jersey Devils’ lineup seems imminent after he missed a week due to a groin injury, but nothing is set in stone yet.
The tentative plan is to have Schneider warm the bench for Martin Brodeur tonight before playing between the pipes in Sunday’s match against the Minnesota Wild.
Devils coach Pete DeBoer hasn’t made his final decision yet, but Schneider seems very optimistic.
“No problems, no issues the past two days. I feel good,” Schneider said yesterday, according to the Star-Ledger. “I’m good to go. I’d like to be back in there.”
The Devils have won both of their games under Brodeur since Schneider was sidelined. After getting off to a shaky start to the 2013-14 campaign, that brings them up to 3-1-1 in their last five contests.
With many teams in the Metropolitan Division off to mediocre or terrible starts, the 3-5-4 Devils were just two points out a playoff spot.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 24
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 51
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)