Nov 2, 2013, 10:24 AM EDT
Goaltender Cory Schneider‘s return to the New Jersey Devils’ lineup seems imminent after he missed a week due to a groin injury, but nothing is set in stone yet.
The tentative plan is to have Schneider warm the bench for Martin Brodeur tonight before playing between the pipes in Sunday’s match against the Minnesota Wild.
Devils coach Pete DeBoer hasn’t made his final decision yet, but Schneider seems very optimistic.
“No problems, no issues the past two days. I feel good,” Schneider said yesterday, according to the Star-Ledger. “I’m good to go. I’d like to be back in there.”
The Devils have won both of their games under Brodeur since Schneider was sidelined. After getting off to a shaky start to the 2013-14 campaign, that brings them up to 3-1-1 in their last five contests.
With many teams in the Metropolitan Division off to mediocre or terrible starts, the 3-5-4 Devils were just two points out a playoff spot.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 9
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)