Nov 2, 2013, 10:24 AM EST
Goaltender Cory Schneider‘s return to the New Jersey Devils’ lineup seems imminent after he missed a week due to a groin injury, but nothing is set in stone yet.
The tentative plan is to have Schneider warm the bench for Martin Brodeur tonight before playing between the pipes in Sunday’s match against the Minnesota Wild.
Devils coach Pete DeBoer hasn’t made his final decision yet, but Schneider seems very optimistic.
“No problems, no issues the past two days. I feel good,” Schneider said yesterday, according to the Star-Ledger. “I’m good to go. I’d like to be back in there.”
The Devils have won both of their games under Brodeur since Schneider was sidelined. After getting off to a shaky start to the 2013-14 campaign, that brings them up to 3-1-1 in their last five contests.
With many teams in the Metropolitan Division off to mediocre or terrible starts, the 3-5-4 Devils were just two points out a playoff spot.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 4
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 29
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 31
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)