Nov 2, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are facing the Florida Panthers tonight after Friday’s wild game against the Philadelphia Flyers. At the moment, it appears that the team continues to list their star as day-to-day; the 28-year-old skated the past two days.
One might argue that Ovechkin was better off missing the mess that was Friday. It’s tough to imagine things being as heated against their former Southeast Division “rivals,” but you never know.
If you’re trying to chart his possible return, the Capitals have home games on Tuesday (vs. Islanders) and Thursday (Minnesota) before a weekend trip to Phoenix and Colorado.
Ovechkin’s been on a tear to start 2013-14, scoring 15 points (including 10 goals on an absurd 75 shots) in 12 games. He did go without a point in his last two games, however, though it’s unknown if his current ailment had anything to do with that.
- Video: Tavares, Islanders take 2-1 series lead with OT win 8
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 4
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 74
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 67
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)