Nov 2, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are facing the Florida Panthers tonight after Friday’s wild game against the Philadelphia Flyers. At the moment, it appears that the team continues to list their star as day-to-day; the 28-year-old skated the past two days.
One might argue that Ovechkin was better off missing the mess that was Friday. It’s tough to imagine things being as heated against their former Southeast Division “rivals,” but you never know.
If you’re trying to chart his possible return, the Capitals have home games on Tuesday (vs. Islanders) and Thursday (Minnesota) before a weekend trip to Phoenix and Colorado.
Ovechkin’s been on a tear to start 2013-14, scoring 15 points (including 10 goals on an absurd 75 shots) in 12 games. He did go without a point in his last two games, however, though it’s unknown if his current ailment had anything to do with that.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)