Nov 2, 2013, 6:07 PM EST
The Washington Capitals are facing the Florida Panthers tonight after Friday’s wild game against the Philadelphia Flyers. At the moment, it appears that the team continues to list their star as day-to-day; the 28-year-old skated the past two days.
One might argue that Ovechkin was better off missing the mess that was Friday. It’s tough to imagine things being as heated against their former Southeast Division “rivals,” but you never know.
If you’re trying to chart his possible return, the Capitals have home games on Tuesday (vs. Islanders) and Thursday (Minnesota) before a weekend trip to Phoenix and Colorado.
Ovechkin’s been on a tear to start 2013-14, scoring 15 points (including 10 goals on an absurd 75 shots) in 12 games. He did go without a point in his last two games, however, though it’s unknown if his current ailment had anything to do with that.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)