Nov 2, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are facing the Florida Panthers tonight after Friday’s wild game against the Philadelphia Flyers. At the moment, it appears that the team continues to list their star as day-to-day; the 28-year-old skated the past two days.
One might argue that Ovechkin was better off missing the mess that was Friday. It’s tough to imagine things being as heated against their former Southeast Division “rivals,” but you never know.
If you’re trying to chart his possible return, the Capitals have home games on Tuesday (vs. Islanders) and Thursday (Minnesota) before a weekend trip to Phoenix and Colorado.
Ovechkin’s been on a tear to start 2013-14, scoring 15 points (including 10 goals on an absurd 75 shots) in 12 games. He did go without a point in his last two games, however, though it’s unknown if his current ailment had anything to do with that.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)