Nov 2, 2013, 6:07 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are facing the Florida Panthers tonight after Friday’s wild game against the Philadelphia Flyers. At the moment, it appears that the team continues to list their star as day-to-day; the 28-year-old skated the past two days.
One might argue that Ovechkin was better off missing the mess that was Friday. It’s tough to imagine things being as heated against their former Southeast Division “rivals,” but you never know.
If you’re trying to chart his possible return, the Capitals have home games on Tuesday (vs. Islanders) and Thursday (Minnesota) before a weekend trip to Phoenix and Colorado.
Ovechkin’s been on a tear to start 2013-14, scoring 15 points (including 10 goals on an absurd 75 shots) in 12 games. He did go without a point in his last two games, however, though it’s unknown if his current ailment had anything to do with that.
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 15
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 18
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 69
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 91
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 12
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)