Nov 2, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers participated in a massive brawl last night and it’s proven to be costly for them.
As previously reported, forward Vincent Lecavalier sustained facial injuries during the incident. Now it has been revealed that he will be sidelined for a couple of weeks, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
He previously missed three games this season because of a lower-body injury. His trips to the sidelines have been particularly problematic for Philadelphia because he’s one of the few Flyers players that has enjoyed some success this season. He had a hat trick against the New York Islanders on Oct. 26 and leads the team with seven points in nine games.
Meanwhile, Steve Downie sustained a concussion as the result of a separate fight on Friday. He was hospitalized and hadn’t left as of this morning, reports the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli.
Philadelphia will play against the New Jersey Devils tonight.
As expected, Tye McGinn called up given Lecavalier is out
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 2, 2013
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 0
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 8
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 2
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 30
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 32
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)