Nov 2, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers participated in a massive brawl last night and it’s proven to be costly for them.
As previously reported, forward Vincent Lecavalier sustained facial injuries during the incident. Now it has been revealed that he will be sidelined for a couple of weeks, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
He previously missed three games this season because of a lower-body injury. His trips to the sidelines have been particularly problematic for Philadelphia because he’s one of the few Flyers players that has enjoyed some success this season. He had a hat trick against the New York Islanders on Oct. 26 and leads the team with seven points in nine games.
Meanwhile, Steve Downie sustained a concussion as the result of a separate fight on Friday. He was hospitalized and hadn’t left as of this morning, reports the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli.
Philadelphia will play against the New Jersey Devils tonight.
As expected, Tye McGinn called up given Lecavalier is out
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 2, 2013
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)