Nov 2, 2013, 11:34 AM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers participated in a massive brawl last night and it’s proven to be costly for them.
As previously reported, forward Vincent Lecavalier sustained facial injuries during the incident. Now it has been revealed that he will be sidelined for a couple of weeks, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
He previously missed three games this season because of a lower-body injury. His trips to the sidelines have been particularly problematic for Philadelphia because he’s one of the few Flyers players that has enjoyed some success this season. He had a hat trick against the New York Islanders on Oct. 26 and leads the team with seven points in nine games.
Meanwhile, Steve Downie sustained a concussion as the result of a separate fight on Friday. He was hospitalized and hadn’t left as of this morning, reports the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli.
Philadelphia will play against the New Jersey Devils tonight.
As expected, Tye McGinn called up given Lecavalier is out
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 2, 2013
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 0
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 22
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 27
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 63
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)