Nov 2, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers participated in a massive brawl last night and it’s proven to be costly for them.
As previously reported, forward Vincent Lecavalier sustained facial injuries during the incident. Now it has been revealed that he will be sidelined for a couple of weeks, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
He previously missed three games this season because of a lower-body injury. His trips to the sidelines have been particularly problematic for Philadelphia because he’s one of the few Flyers players that has enjoyed some success this season. He had a hat trick against the New York Islanders on Oct. 26 and leads the team with seven points in nine games.
Meanwhile, Steve Downie sustained a concussion as the result of a separate fight on Friday. He was hospitalized and hadn’t left as of this morning, reports the Philadelphia Daily News’ Frank Seravalli.
Philadelphia will play against the New Jersey Devils tonight.
As expected, Tye McGinn called up given Lecavalier is out
— Tim Panaccio (@tpanotchCSN) November 2, 2013
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)