Nov 2, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT
David Alter of Sportsnet 590 in Toronto reports the Leafs have placed Bozak on long-term injured reserve. He won’t be eligible to return to the Leafs lineup until November 19 against the New York Islanders. According to Alter, the move allows the Leafs the ability to activate Nikolai Kulemin from injured reserve and not have to make a roster move to facilitate it.
Bozak was injured on October 25 against the Columbus Blue Jackets. He was a surprising late scratch the following night against Pittsburgh and has been out of the lineup ever since. Nazem Kadri has taken his spot on the team’s top line alongside James van Riemsdyk and Phil Kessel.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 0
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 13
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 18
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 15
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 50
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35