Nov 2, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT
David Alter of Sportsnet 590 in Toronto reports the Leafs have placed Bozak on long-term injured reserve. He won’t be eligible to return to the Leafs lineup until November 19 against the New York Islanders. According to Alter, the move allows the Leafs the ability to activate Nikolai Kulemin from injured reserve and not have to make a roster move to facilitate it.
Bozak was injured on October 25 against the Columbus Blue Jackets. He was a surprising late scratch the following night against Pittsburgh and has been out of the lineup ever since. Nazem Kadri has taken his spot on the team’s top line alongside James van Riemsdyk and Phil Kessel.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54