Nov 2, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT
David Alter of Sportsnet 590 in Toronto reports the Leafs have placed Bozak on long-term injured reserve. He won’t be eligible to return to the Leafs lineup until November 19 against the New York Islanders. According to Alter, the move allows the Leafs the ability to activate Nikolai Kulemin from injured reserve and not have to make a roster move to facilitate it.
Bozak was injured on October 25 against the Columbus Blue Jackets. He was a surprising late scratch the following night against Pittsburgh and has been out of the lineup ever since. Nazem Kadri has taken his spot on the team’s top line alongside James van Riemsdyk and Phil Kessel.
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 23
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79