Nov 2, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT
David Alter of Sportsnet 590 in Toronto reports the Leafs have placed Bozak on long-term injured reserve. He won’t be eligible to return to the Leafs lineup until November 19 against the New York Islanders. According to Alter, the move allows the Leafs the ability to activate Nikolai Kulemin from injured reserve and not have to make a roster move to facilitate it.
Bozak was injured on October 25 against the Columbus Blue Jackets. He was a surprising late scratch the following night against Pittsburgh and has been out of the lineup ever since. Nazem Kadri has taken his spot on the team’s top line alongside James van Riemsdyk and Phil Kessel.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5