Nov 2, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren hopes the team has hit rock bottom. It seems hard to think that they could sink any lower after last night’s 7-0 loss to the Washington Capitals.
“It’s tough to watch,” Holmgren told CSN Philly. “I’m sure the players are very embarrassed like we all are. We’ve got to do better than that.”
Captain Claude Giroux was didn’t dispute Holmgren’s claim that their performance was embarrassing.
The only silver lining is that the Flyers will play against the New Jersey Devils tonight, so at least they won’t have to wait long for a chance to redeem themselves.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14