Nov 2, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren hopes the team has hit rock bottom. It seems hard to think that they could sink any lower after last night’s 7-0 loss to the Washington Capitals.
“It’s tough to watch,” Holmgren told CSN Philly. “I’m sure the players are very embarrassed like we all are. We’ve got to do better than that.”
Captain Claude Giroux was didn’t dispute Holmgren’s claim that their performance was embarrassing.
The only silver lining is that the Flyers will play against the New Jersey Devils tonight, so at least they won’t have to wait long for a chance to redeem themselves.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39