Nov 2, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren hopes the team has hit rock bottom. It seems hard to think that they could sink any lower after last night’s 7-0 loss to the Washington Capitals.
“It’s tough to watch,” Holmgren told CSN Philly. “I’m sure the players are very embarrassed like we all are. We’ve got to do better than that.”
Captain Claude Giroux was didn’t dispute Holmgren’s claim that their performance was embarrassing.
The only silver lining is that the Flyers will play against the New Jersey Devils tonight, so at least they won’t have to wait long for a chance to redeem themselves.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 0
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 20
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22