Nov 2, 2013, 9:44 AM EST
Philadelphia Flyers GM Paul Holmgren hopes the team has hit rock bottom. It seems hard to think that they could sink any lower after last night’s 7-0 loss to the Washington Capitals.
“It’s tough to watch,” Holmgren told CSN Philly. “I’m sure the players are very embarrassed like we all are. We’ve got to do better than that.”
Captain Claude Giroux was didn’t dispute Holmgren’s claim that their performance was embarrassing.
The only silver lining is that the Flyers will play against the New Jersey Devils tonight, so at least they won’t have to wait long for a chance to redeem themselves.
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 0
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5