Nov 2, 2013, 11:22 PM EST
“There’s no way I’m not going to play my first game for a couple of weeks,” Hall said Saturday. “Hopefully I keep progressing. I’ll probably have to wear the brace for the rest of the year but I don’t even feel it.”
It’s great that Hall is so eager to return, but the Oilers would be wise to play it safe. That’s especially true if it seems as if this is a lost season, as risking a key component could have long-term consequences; the star winger probably wants to try to “save” the team, yet knee injuries can be tricky.
The temptation is obvious, though. Hall, 21, may very well be the best of Edmonton’s slew of high-end young players. He has almost a point-per-game in 2013-14 (eight in nine) and accomplished that feat last season (50 points in 45 contests).
The key, then, is to walk the right line between getting him in plenty of games this season and making sure he’ll participate in a whole lot more in the future.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (118)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)