Nov 2, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
With one game already underway, here’s a look at who will be in net tonight around the league…
Their names are J(h)onas
Hiller is trying to make sure his team doesn’t drop two in a row to Eastern Conference opponents after losing in a shootout to Boston on Thursday night. Enroth, meanwhile, has been great for the struggling Sabres going 1-2-1 with a .939 save percentage. Goaltending hasn’t been the problem in Buffalo.
Mrazek tostart in Edmonton
Petr Mrazek was a call-up for the Detroit Red Wings yesterday and he’ll get the start in Edmonton against the Oilers.
Mrazek got the call when Jonas Gustavsson went down with a strained neck, This will be his third career start and first this season. He’ll go up against Edmonton’s Richard Bachman who is making his third appearance with the Oilers.
Budaj faces former team
Montreal’s Peter Budaj will make his first career start against his former team, the Colorado Avalanche, in Denver tonight. Doing so on the road against former Habs legend Patrick Roy’s team should give him plenty of motivation. Jean-Sebastien Giguere will start for Colorado.
The rest are all probables and subject to change.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 0
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 9
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 18
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)