Nov 2, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
With one game already underway, here’s a look at who will be in net tonight around the league…
Their names are J(h)onas
Hiller is trying to make sure his team doesn’t drop two in a row to Eastern Conference opponents after losing in a shootout to Boston on Thursday night. Enroth, meanwhile, has been great for the struggling Sabres going 1-2-1 with a .939 save percentage. Goaltending hasn’t been the problem in Buffalo.
Mrazek tostart in Edmonton
Petr Mrazek was a call-up for the Detroit Red Wings yesterday and he’ll get the start in Edmonton against the Oilers.
Mrazek got the call when Jonas Gustavsson went down with a strained neck, This will be his third career start and first this season. He’ll go up against Edmonton’s Richard Bachman who is making his third appearance with the Oilers.
Budaj faces former team
Montreal’s Peter Budaj will make his first career start against his former team, the Colorado Avalanche, in Denver tonight. Doing so on the road against former Habs legend Patrick Roy’s team should give him plenty of motivation. Jean-Sebastien Giguere will start for Colorado.
The rest are all probables and subject to change.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8