Nov 2, 2013, 5:05 PM EDT
With one game already underway, here’s a look at who will be in net tonight around the league…
Their names are J(h)onas
Hiller is trying to make sure his team doesn’t drop two in a row to Eastern Conference opponents after losing in a shootout to Boston on Thursday night. Enroth, meanwhile, has been great for the struggling Sabres going 1-2-1 with a .939 save percentage. Goaltending hasn’t been the problem in Buffalo.
Mrazek tostart in Edmonton
Petr Mrazek was a call-up for the Detroit Red Wings yesterday and he’ll get the start in Edmonton against the Oilers.
Mrazek got the call when Jonas Gustavsson went down with a strained neck, This will be his third career start and first this season. He’ll go up against Edmonton’s Richard Bachman who is making his third appearance with the Oilers.
Budaj faces former team
Montreal’s Peter Budaj will make his first career start against his former team, the Colorado Avalanche, in Denver tonight. Doing so on the road against former Habs legend Patrick Roy’s team should give him plenty of motivation. Jean-Sebastien Giguere will start for Colorado.
The rest are all probables and subject to change.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 10
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25