Nov 2, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
One can go red in the face debating Friday’s fight-filled finish between the Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers, but the undeniable impact is that those bouts cost Philly on the ice. GM Paul Holmgren provided an update on two injured forwards, as Vincent Lecavalier is listed as day-to-day while Steve Downie is out indefinitely with a concussion.
Meanwhile, Lecavalier’s injury is a facial contusion. Such an ailment sounds like it would cost him quite a few days, but hockey players have played through worse, so maybe the 33-year-old’s prognosis isn’t overly optimistic. PHT passes along word that he’ll probably miss a couple weeks, for one.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20