Nov 2, 2013, 5:44 PM EST
One can go red in the face debating Friday’s fight-filled finish between the Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers, but the undeniable impact is that those bouts cost Philly on the ice. GM Paul Holmgren provided an update on two injured forwards, as Vincent Lecavalier is listed as day-to-day while Steve Downie is out indefinitely with a concussion.
Meanwhile, Lecavalier’s injury is a facial contusion. Such an ailment sounds like it would cost him quite a few days, but hockey players have played through worse, so maybe the 33-year-old’s prognosis isn’t overly optimistic. PHT passes along word that he’ll probably miss a couple weeks, for one.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52