Nov 2, 2013, 5:44 PM EDT
One can go red in the face debating Friday’s fight-filled finish between the Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers, but the undeniable impact is that those bouts cost Philly on the ice. GM Paul Holmgren provided an update on two injured forwards, as Vincent Lecavalier is listed as day-to-day while Steve Downie is out indefinitely with a concussion.
Meanwhile, Lecavalier’s injury is a facial contusion. Such an ailment sounds like it would cost him quite a few days, but hockey players have played through worse, so maybe the 33-year-old’s prognosis isn’t overly optimistic. PHT passes along word that he’ll probably miss a couple weeks, for one.
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 0
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 106
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7