Nov 2, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Journeyman goaltender Joey MacDonald was respectable with a struggling Calgary Flames team last season and they rewarded him with a one-way contract. Unfortunately, he only ended up lasting about a month into the 2013-14 campaign before the Flames decided to expose him to waivers, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
MacDonald has gotten off to a rough start with a 3.16 GAA and .885 save percentage in seven starts this season, although those numbers are still superior to his counterpart Karri Ramo.
This move opens will allow the Calgary Flames to summon Reto Berra from the minors. The 26-year-old goaltender is making the transition from the Swiss league to North America and has a 2.66 GAA and .908 save percentage in nine AHL games.
Fresh off of his 10-game suspension, Sabres GM Darcy Regier felt moving Kaleta to the minors is necessary to “help Pat change his game and preserve his career in this league.”
Defenseman Keaton Ellerby won’t have to play in the minors, at least not yet. Although the Los Angeles Kings waived him, the Jets’ Scott Brown has confirmed that Winnipeg claimed him today. Ellerby didn’t get into a single game with the Kings this season and the Jets will be the third NHL team he’s played for in two seasons.
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 0
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 0
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 28
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 56
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 21
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 12
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 4
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 26
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)
- Cooke to play 1,000th game tomorrow (56)