Nov 2, 2013, 12:23 PM EST
Journeyman goaltender Joey MacDonald was respectable with a struggling Calgary Flames team last season and they rewarded him with a one-way contract. Unfortunately, he only ended up lasting about a month into the 2013-14 campaign before the Flames decided to expose him to waivers, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
MacDonald has gotten off to a rough start with a 3.16 GAA and .885 save percentage in seven starts this season, although those numbers are still superior to his counterpart Karri Ramo.
This move opens will allow the Calgary Flames to summon Reto Berra from the minors. The 26-year-old goaltender is making the transition from the Swiss league to North America and has a 2.66 GAA and .908 save percentage in nine AHL games.
Fresh off of his 10-game suspension, Sabres GM Darcy Regier felt moving Kaleta to the minors is necessary to “help Pat change his game and preserve his career in this league.”
Defenseman Keaton Ellerby won’t have to play in the minors, at least not yet. Although the Los Angeles Kings waived him, the Jets’ Scott Brown has confirmed that Winnipeg claimed him today. Ellerby didn’t get into a single game with the Kings this season and the Jets will be the third NHL team he’s played for in two seasons.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 9
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 23
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)