Nov 2, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Journeyman goaltender Joey MacDonald was respectable with a struggling Calgary Flames team last season and they rewarded him with a one-way contract. Unfortunately, he only ended up lasting about a month into the 2013-14 campaign before the Flames decided to expose him to waivers, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
MacDonald has gotten off to a rough start with a 3.16 GAA and .885 save percentage in seven starts this season, although those numbers are still superior to his counterpart Karri Ramo.
This move opens will allow the Calgary Flames to summon Reto Berra from the minors. The 26-year-old goaltender is making the transition from the Swiss league to North America and has a 2.66 GAA and .908 save percentage in nine AHL games.
Fresh off of his 10-game suspension, Sabres GM Darcy Regier felt moving Kaleta to the minors is necessary to “help Pat change his game and preserve his career in this league.”
Defenseman Keaton Ellerby won’t have to play in the minors, at least not yet. Although the Los Angeles Kings waived him, the Jets’ Scott Brown has confirmed that Winnipeg claimed him today. Ellerby didn’t get into a single game with the Kings this season and the Jets will be the third NHL team he’s played for in two seasons.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 1
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 25
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8