Nov 2, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Journeyman goaltender Joey MacDonald was respectable with a struggling Calgary Flames team last season and they rewarded him with a one-way contract. Unfortunately, he only ended up lasting about a month into the 2013-14 campaign before the Flames decided to expose him to waivers, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
MacDonald has gotten off to a rough start with a 3.16 GAA and .885 save percentage in seven starts this season, although those numbers are still superior to his counterpart Karri Ramo.
This move opens will allow the Calgary Flames to summon Reto Berra from the minors. The 26-year-old goaltender is making the transition from the Swiss league to North America and has a 2.66 GAA and .908 save percentage in nine AHL games.
Fresh off of his 10-game suspension, Sabres GM Darcy Regier felt moving Kaleta to the minors is necessary to “help Pat change his game and preserve his career in this league.”
Defenseman Keaton Ellerby won’t have to play in the minors, at least not yet. Although the Los Angeles Kings waived him, the Jets’ Scott Brown has confirmed that Winnipeg claimed him today. Ellerby didn’t get into a single game with the Kings this season and the Jets will be the third NHL team he’s played for in two seasons.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 2
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 12
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 63
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 31
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 13
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (67)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)