Nov 2, 2013, 12:23 PM EDT
Journeyman goaltender Joey MacDonald was respectable with a struggling Calgary Flames team last season and they rewarded him with a one-way contract. Unfortunately, he only ended up lasting about a month into the 2013-14 campaign before the Flames decided to expose him to waivers, according to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman.
MacDonald has gotten off to a rough start with a 3.16 GAA and .885 save percentage in seven starts this season, although those numbers are still superior to his counterpart Karri Ramo.
This move opens will allow the Calgary Flames to summon Reto Berra from the minors. The 26-year-old goaltender is making the transition from the Swiss league to North America and has a 2.66 GAA and .908 save percentage in nine AHL games.
Fresh off of his 10-game suspension, Sabres GM Darcy Regier felt moving Kaleta to the minors is necessary to “help Pat change his game and preserve his career in this league.”
Defenseman Keaton Ellerby won’t have to play in the minors, at least not yet. Although the Los Angeles Kings waived him, the Jets’ Scott Brown has confirmed that Winnipeg claimed him today. Ellerby didn’t get into a single game with the Kings this season and the Jets will be the third NHL team he’s played for in two seasons.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 34
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 57
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)