Nov 2, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
It looks like both the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia Flyers are walking into Saturday’s game a little wounded. While Philly will play without Steve Downie and Vincent Lecavalier, word broke late from the Newark Star-Ledger that Patrik Elias is sitting out tonight’s contest with an upper-body injury.
Elias, 37, has fought off illnesses and other nagging issues early this season, but when he’s been able to play, he’s found some nice chemistry with fellow Czech Jaromir Jagr. Elias has seven points in 10 games, including a four-game point streak before this ailment cropped up.
New Jersey is carrying a two-game winning streak into this match against the freefalling Flyers, so we’ll see if the Devils can keep it going without key contributors.
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 0
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 34
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 15
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (59)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)