Nov 2, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
It looks like both the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia Flyers are walking into Saturday’s game a little wounded. While Philly will play without Steve Downie and Vincent Lecavalier, word broke late from the Newark Star-Ledger that Patrik Elias is sitting out tonight’s contest with an upper-body injury.
Elias, 37, has fought off illnesses and other nagging issues early this season, but when he’s been able to play, he’s found some nice chemistry with fellow Czech Jaromir Jagr. Elias has seven points in 10 games, including a four-game point streak before this ailment cropped up.
New Jersey is carrying a two-game winning streak into this match against the freefalling Flyers, so we’ll see if the Devils can keep it going without key contributors.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)