Nov 2, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
It looks like both the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia Flyers are walking into Saturday’s game a little wounded. While Philly will play without Steve Downie and Vincent Lecavalier, word broke late from the Newark Star-Ledger that Patrik Elias is sitting out tonight’s contest with an upper-body injury.
Elias, 37, has fought off illnesses and other nagging issues early this season, but when he’s been able to play, he’s found some nice chemistry with fellow Czech Jaromir Jagr. Elias has seven points in 10 games, including a four-game point streak before this ailment cropped up.
New Jersey is carrying a two-game winning streak into this match against the freefalling Flyers, so we’ll see if the Devils can keep it going without key contributors.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5