Nov 2, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
It looks like both the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia Flyers are walking into Saturday’s game a little wounded. While Philly will play without Steve Downie and Vincent Lecavalier, word broke late from the Newark Star-Ledger that Patrik Elias is sitting out tonight’s contest with an upper-body injury.
Elias, 37, has fought off illnesses and other nagging issues early this season, but when he’s been able to play, he’s found some nice chemistry with fellow Czech Jaromir Jagr. Elias has seven points in 10 games, including a four-game point streak before this ailment cropped up.
New Jersey is carrying a two-game winning streak into this match against the freefalling Flyers, so we’ll see if the Devils can keep it going without key contributors.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (151)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)