Nov 2, 2013, 7:11 PM EDT
It looks like both the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia Flyers are walking into Saturday’s game a little wounded. While Philly will play without Steve Downie and Vincent Lecavalier, word broke late from the Newark Star-Ledger that Patrik Elias is sitting out tonight’s contest with an upper-body injury.
Elias, 37, has fought off illnesses and other nagging issues early this season, but when he’s been able to play, he’s found some nice chemistry with fellow Czech Jaromir Jagr. Elias has seven points in 10 games, including a four-game point streak before this ailment cropped up.
New Jersey is carrying a two-game winning streak into this match against the freefalling Flyers, so we’ll see if the Devils can keep it going without key contributors.
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 21
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 51
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)