Nov 2, 2013, 7:33 PM EDT
The NHL announced that Columbus will host the 2015 NHL All-Star Game. The events will take place from Jan. 24-25.
Enjoy this bit of video explanation from the league:
Here’s the logo:
Nationwide Arena was supposed to be the site of the 2013 All-Star Game, but the latest lockout ruined that dream. Here’s a little spiel from the Blue Jackets:
“The All-Star celebration is a marquee event featuring the best players in the world and the Blue Jackets are thrilled to be able to bring it to Central Ohio for our fans and community,” Blue Jackets majority owner John P. McConnell said in a statement. “Columbus and the arena district offer an unmatched setting for this celebration of hockey and the NHL’s commitment to having the event here speaks volumes about the support of our fans and the strength of our market.”
So, is it too early to discus who will host the 2016 edition? Go ahead, you know you want to.
Jul 27, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT(Edit)
24-year-old forward would require waivers to be sent down…
Jul 27, 2015, 4:28 PM EDT(Edit)
Hence the six-year, $39 million contract.
Jul 27, 2015, 3:26 PM EDT(Edit)
Looking to become a full-time NHLer after suffering a series of injuries at the start his pro career.
Jul 27, 2015, 2:22 PM EDT(Edit)
The alignment debate rages on.
Jul 27, 2015, 12:17 PM EDT(Edit)
Click to see who’s still left.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:49 AM EDT(Edit)
Hearing scheduled for Wednesday.
Jul 27, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT(Edit)
He calls it the six-year, $25 million contract “good for both sides.”
Jul 27, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT(Edit)
Monday’s collection of links.
Jul 26, 2015, 11:02 PM EDT(Edit)
The only certainty is short-term.
Jul 26, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT(Edit)
Holdovers are noticing a summer of improvements for Buffalo.
Jul 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT(Edit)
The two sides avoided arbitration on Sunday.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)