Nov 1, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
The severity of Gustavsson’s injury isn’t clear, but it comes at a busy time for the traveling Wings, who also play tomorrow in Edmonton and Monday in Winnipeg.
Howard stopped 19 of 20 shots in Wednesday’s 2-1 victory over the Canucks, which was Detroit’s first win after a four-game winless slide.
Gustavsson is reportedly day-to-day:
According to Wings general manager Ken Holland, if Gustavsson can’t play tomorrow in Edmonton, Mrazek will start.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)