Nov 1, 2013, 11:52 AM EST
The severity of Gustavsson’s injury isn’t clear, but it comes at a busy time for the traveling Wings, who also play tomorrow in Edmonton and Monday in Winnipeg.
Howard stopped 19 of 20 shots in Wednesday’s 2-1 victory over the Canucks, which was Detroit’s first win after a four-game winless slide.
Gustavsson is reportedly day-to-day:
According to Wings general manager Ken Holland, if Gustavsson can’t play tomorrow in Edmonton, Mrazek will start.
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 2
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 8
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 97
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (97)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (87)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)