Nov 1, 2013, 11:52 AM EDT
The severity of Gustavsson’s injury isn’t clear, but it comes at a busy time for the traveling Wings, who also play tomorrow in Edmonton and Monday in Winnipeg.
Howard stopped 19 of 20 shots in Wednesday’s 2-1 victory over the Canucks, which was Detroit’s first win after a four-game winless slide.
Gustavsson is reportedly day-to-day:
According to Wings general manager Ken Holland, if Gustavsson can’t play tomorrow in Edmonton, Mrazek will start.
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 19
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)