Nov 1, 2013, 1:35 AM EDT
Matt Hendricks went in to finish his hit, but as it turned out, the hit would finish his night.
The Nashville Predators forward was injured just 33 seconds into the second period of Thursday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, after being on the wrong end of an open-ice collision with defenseman Derek Morris.
Hendricks went to finish his check on Morris, who had just played the puck, but the Coyotes’ blue liner stood tall to the contact. It appeared that Hendricks hit his head on the ice. He did not return to the game, with what was reported as an upper-body injury.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 0
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 26
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 28
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 40
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)