Nov 1, 2013, 1:35 AM EDT
Matt Hendricks went in to finish his hit, but as it turned out, the hit would finish his night.
The Nashville Predators forward was injured just 33 seconds into the second period of Thursday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, after being on the wrong end of an open-ice collision with defenseman Derek Morris.
Hendricks went to finish his check on Morris, who had just played the puck, but the Coyotes’ blue liner stood tall to the contact. It appeared that Hendricks hit his head on the ice. He did not return to the game, with what was reported as an upper-body injury.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40