Nov 1, 2013, 1:35 AM EST
Matt Hendricks went in to finish his hit, but as it turned out, the hit would finish his night.
The Nashville Predators forward was injured just 33 seconds into the second period of Thursday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, after being on the wrong end of an open-ice collision with defenseman Derek Morris.
Hendricks went to finish his check on Morris, who had just played the puck, but the Coyotes’ blue liner stood tall to the contact. It appeared that Hendricks hit his head on the ice. He did not return to the game, with what was reported as an upper-body injury.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)