Nov 1, 2013, 1:35 AM EDT
Matt Hendricks went in to finish his hit, but as it turned out, the hit would finish his night.
The Nashville Predators forward was injured just 33 seconds into the second period of Thursday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, after being on the wrong end of an open-ice collision with defenseman Derek Morris.
Hendricks went to finish his check on Morris, who had just played the puck, but the Coyotes’ blue liner stood tall to the contact. It appeared that Hendricks hit his head on the ice. He did not return to the game, with what was reported as an upper-body injury.
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 4
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 11
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21