Nov 1, 2013, 1:35 AM EDT
Matt Hendricks went in to finish his hit, but as it turned out, the hit would finish his night.
The Nashville Predators forward was injured just 33 seconds into the second period of Thursday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, after being on the wrong end of an open-ice collision with defenseman Derek Morris.
Hendricks went to finish his check on Morris, who had just played the puck, but the Coyotes’ blue liner stood tall to the contact. It appeared that Hendricks hit his head on the ice. He did not return to the game, with what was reported as an upper-body injury.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)