Nov 1, 2013, 2:36 PM EST
Varly, as is standard operating procedure for a goalie playing that night, did not talk to the media. But I’ve been assured he will talk after the game tonight and will not be precluded from saying anything he wants. We’ll see how that goes.
The decision by Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy to start Varlamov tonight has raised quite a few eyebrows, but the club is apparently sticking by its 25-year-old netminder.
“I just feel it’s the right decision,” Roy said. “Why wait? [Varlamov] looks good this morning. We’re all aware what happened and we just feel that he’s our guy. We have a lot of confidence in him as a goalie. We feel that it’s good for him to play [Friday].”
Click here to read the arrest warrant.
- BREAKING: Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM 9
- Mike Richards clears waivers 22
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)