Nov 1, 2013, 2:36 PM EST
Varly, as is standard operating procedure for a goalie playing that night, did not talk to the media. But I’ve been assured he will talk after the game tonight and will not be precluded from saying anything he wants. We’ll see how that goes.
The decision by Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy to start Varlamov tonight has raised quite a few eyebrows, but the club is apparently sticking by its 25-year-old netminder.
“I just feel it’s the right decision,” Roy said. “Why wait? [Varlamov] looks good this morning. We’re all aware what happened and we just feel that he’s our guy. We have a lot of confidence in him as a goalie. We feel that it’s good for him to play [Friday].”
Click here to read the arrest warrant.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11