Nov 1, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Varly, as is standard operating procedure for a goalie playing that night, did not talk to the media. But I’ve been assured he will talk after the game tonight and will not be precluded from saying anything he wants. We’ll see how that goes.
The decision by Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy to start Varlamov tonight has raised quite a few eyebrows, but the club is apparently sticking by its 25-year-old netminder.
“I just feel it’s the right decision,” Roy said. “Why wait? [Varlamov] looks good this morning. We’re all aware what happened and we just feel that he’s our guy. We have a lot of confidence in him as a goalie. We feel that it’s good for him to play [Friday].”
Click here to read the arrest warrant.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)