Nov 1, 2013, 2:36 PM EDT
Varly, as is standard operating procedure for a goalie playing that night, did not talk to the media. But I’ve been assured he will talk after the game tonight and will not be precluded from saying anything he wants. We’ll see how that goes.
The decision by Avalanche head coach Patrick Roy to start Varlamov tonight has raised quite a few eyebrows, but the club is apparently sticking by its 25-year-old netminder.
“I just feel it’s the right decision,” Roy said. “Why wait? [Varlamov] looks good this morning. We’re all aware what happened and we just feel that he’s our guy. We have a lot of confidence in him as a goalie. We feel that it’s good for him to play [Friday].”
Click here to read the arrest warrant.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)