Nov 1, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
In case you haven’t noticed, and judging by the attendance you haven’t, the
Indians Coyotes have managed to win a few here and there, and are threatening to climb out of the cellar boast a record of 9-3-2 after 15 games.
According to a club press release, that record marks the second-best start in franchise history, bettered only by a 9-1-4-0 effort in 2000-01.
Even better: unlike previous editions of the Coyotes, this one is scoring lots of goals, thanks in large part to its corps of offensive defensemen.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Keith Yandle are tied for first in scoring among NHL defensemen with 3-8-11 and 1-10-11, respectively. Derek Morris has posted 4-5-9, which ranks tied for third. His four (4) goals are also tied for the NHL lead in goals by a defenseman. Coyotes defensemen have combined for a league-leading 12 goals and 40 points this season.
After 14 games, the Coyotes have scored 48 goals which ranks tied for second in the NHL (Toronto – 48) and only 3 behind League leader San Jose (51).
So get out there and buy a ticket, people of Phoenix and surrounding areas. Your next chance to see the Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena is Tuesday when the Vancouver Canucks pay a visit.
Announced attendance was just 7,401 for last night’s 5-4 shootout win over Nashville.
Related: Coyotes fans are under pressure
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 0
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 43
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 5
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 37
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)