Nov 1, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
In case you haven’t noticed, and judging by the attendance you haven’t, the
Indians Coyotes have managed to win a few here and there, and are threatening to climb out of the cellar boast a record of 9-3-2 after 15 games.
According to a club press release, that record marks the second-best start in franchise history, bettered only by a 9-1-4-0 effort in 2000-01.
Even better: unlike previous editions of the Coyotes, this one is scoring lots of goals, thanks in large part to its corps of offensive defensemen.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Keith Yandle are tied for first in scoring among NHL defensemen with 3-8-11 and 1-10-11, respectively. Derek Morris has posted 4-5-9, which ranks tied for third. His four (4) goals are also tied for the NHL lead in goals by a defenseman. Coyotes defensemen have combined for a league-leading 12 goals and 40 points this season.
After 14 games, the Coyotes have scored 48 goals which ranks tied for second in the NHL (Toronto – 48) and only 3 behind League leader San Jose (51).
So get out there and buy a ticket, people of Phoenix and surrounding areas. Your next chance to see the Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena is Tuesday when the Vancouver Canucks pay a visit.
Announced attendance was just 7,401 for last night’s 5-4 shootout win over Nashville.
Related: Coyotes fans are under pressure
- Wild hand Bryzgalov a training camp tryout 0
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 12
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 5
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 16
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 47
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (47)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)