Nov 1, 2013, 3:34 PM EDT
In case you haven’t noticed, and judging by the attendance you haven’t, the
Indians Coyotes have managed to win a few here and there, and are threatening to climb out of the cellar boast a record of 9-3-2 after 15 games.
According to a club press release, that record marks the second-best start in franchise history, bettered only by a 9-1-4-0 effort in 2000-01.
Even better: unlike previous editions of the Coyotes, this one is scoring lots of goals, thanks in large part to its corps of offensive defensemen.
Oliver Ekman-Larsson and Keith Yandle are tied for first in scoring among NHL defensemen with 3-8-11 and 1-10-11, respectively. Derek Morris has posted 4-5-9, which ranks tied for third. His four (4) goals are also tied for the NHL lead in goals by a defenseman. Coyotes defensemen have combined for a league-leading 12 goals and 40 points this season.
After 14 games, the Coyotes have scored 48 goals which ranks tied for second in the NHL (Toronto – 48) and only 3 behind League leader San Jose (51).
So get out there and buy a ticket, people of Phoenix and surrounding areas. Your next chance to see the Coyotes at Jobing.com Arena is Tuesday when the Vancouver Canucks pay a visit.
Announced attendance was just 7,401 for last night’s 5-4 shootout win over Nashville.
Related: Coyotes fans are under pressure
- Armstrong: ‘Let’s live to fight another day’ 0
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 17
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 7
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 39
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 38
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)