Nov 1, 2013, 8:02 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Speaking of interesting weekend matchups, the Vancouver Canucks and goaltender Roberto Luongo will play against Toronto tomorrow. It wasn’t that long ago that Luongo was pretty sure he would end up with the Maple Leafs. (Toronto Sun)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $3,000 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Friday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $600. Starts at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the link.
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ new defensive system has created a welcome challenge for their goaltenders. “He laughed, but I told (Marc-Andre Fleury) that I’ll spray myself with the water bottle just to wake myself up,” backup goaltender Jeff Zatkoff said. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
Hall of Famer Denis Savard is still competing long after retirement. Only now it’s with thoroughbred horse racing. He has a horse in the upcoming Breeders’ Cup Sprint. (NHL.com)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 0
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 13
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 31
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10