Nov 1, 2013, 8:02 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Speaking of interesting weekend matchups, the Vancouver Canucks and goaltender Roberto Luongo will play against Toronto tomorrow. It wasn’t that long ago that Luongo was pretty sure he would end up with the Maple Leafs. (Toronto Sun)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $3,000 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Friday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $600. Starts at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the link.
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ new defensive system has created a welcome challenge for their goaltenders. “He laughed, but I told (Marc-Andre Fleury) that I’ll spray myself with the water bottle just to wake myself up,” backup goaltender Jeff Zatkoff said. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
Hall of Famer Denis Savard is still competing long after retirement. Only now it’s with thoroughbred horse racing. He has a horse in the upcoming Breeders’ Cup Sprint. (NHL.com)
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 53
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12