Nov 1, 2013, 8:02 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Speaking of interesting weekend matchups, the Vancouver Canucks and goaltender Roberto Luongo will play against Toronto tomorrow. It wasn’t that long ago that Luongo was pretty sure he would end up with the Maple Leafs. (Toronto Sun)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $3,000 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Friday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $600. Starts at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the link.
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ new defensive system has created a welcome challenge for their goaltenders. “He laughed, but I told (Marc-Andre Fleury) that I’ll spray myself with the water bottle just to wake myself up,” backup goaltender Jeff Zatkoff said. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
Hall of Famer Denis Savard is still competing long after retirement. Only now it’s with thoroughbred horse racing. He has a horse in the upcoming Breeders’ Cup Sprint. (NHL.com)
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7