Nov 1, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
Yet combined, they only stopped nine shots more than current Senators goalie Robin Lehner.
Elliott was perfect in a 4-0 win over Florida while Bishop was equally as good in Tampa’s 3-0 victory over the ‘Canes, but both had relatively light workloades compared to Lehner, who faced a staggering 57 shots in a 5-4 shootout loss to the Islanders.
Before we discuss Lehner, let’s focus on the goalies that posted clean sheets.
Elliott is one of the streakiest players in the NHL, so perhaps the Blues are in for a great stretch from their backup goaltender after he led them past Florida. Alexander Steen also stayed incredibly hot for the Blues, scoring his 12th goal in 11 games this season.
As a result the Blues are now 8-1-2 this season, although that’s only good for third place in the ultra-competitive Central Division.
The Lightning are off to a fantastic start as well, and they owe a lot of their success to Bishop. He now has an 8-2-0 record, 2.16 GAA, and .924 save percentage following tonight’s victory, and remains one of the hottest goalies in the NHL.
As for Lehner, he was tagged with the shootout loss but still has a feather in his cap, as he set a Senators franchise record for most saves in a regular-season game.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 21
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)