Nov 1, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
Yet combined, they only stopped nine shots more than current Senators goalie Robin Lehner.
Elliott was perfect in a 4-0 win over Florida while Bishop was equally as good in Tampa’s 3-0 victory over the ‘Canes, but both had relatively light workloades compared to Lehner, who faced a staggering 57 shots in a 5-4 shootout loss to the Islanders.
Before we discuss Lehner, let’s focus on the goalies that posted clean sheets.
Elliott is one of the streakiest players in the NHL, so perhaps the Blues are in for a great stretch from their backup goaltender after he led them past Florida. Alexander Steen also stayed incredibly hot for the Blues, scoring his 12th goal in 11 games this season.
As a result the Blues are now 8-1-2 this season, although that’s only good for third place in the ultra-competitive Central Division.
The Lightning are off to a fantastic start as well, and they owe a lot of their success to Bishop. He now has an 8-2-0 record, 2.16 GAA, and .924 save percentage following tonight’s victory, and remains one of the hottest goalies in the NHL.
As for Lehner, he was tagged with the shootout loss but still has a feather in his cap, as he set a Senators franchise record for most saves in a regular-season game.
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 26
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 37
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 8
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 44
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 105
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)