Nov 1, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
Yet combined, they only stopped nine shots more than current Senators goalie Robin Lehner.
Elliott was perfect in a 4-0 win over Florida while Bishop was equally as good in Tampa’s 3-0 victory over the ‘Canes, but both had relatively light workloades compared to Lehner, who faced a staggering 57 shots in a 5-4 shootout loss to the Islanders.
Before we discuss Lehner, let’s focus on the goalies that posted clean sheets.
Elliott is one of the streakiest players in the NHL, so perhaps the Blues are in for a great stretch from their backup goaltender after he led them past Florida. Alexander Steen also stayed incredibly hot for the Blues, scoring his 12th goal in 11 games this season.
As a result the Blues are now 8-1-2 this season, although that’s only good for third place in the ultra-competitive Central Division.
The Lightning are off to a fantastic start as well, and they owe a lot of their success to Bishop. He now has an 8-2-0 record, 2.16 GAA, and .924 save percentage following tonight’s victory, and remains one of the hottest goalies in the NHL.
As for Lehner, he was tagged with the shootout loss but still has a feather in his cap, as he set a Senators franchise record for most saves in a regular-season game.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)