Nov 1, 2013, 10:46 PM EDT
Yet combined, they only stopped nine shots more than current Senators goalie Robin Lehner.
Elliott was perfect in a 4-0 win over Florida while Bishop was equally as good in Tampa’s 3-0 victory over the ‘Canes, but both had relatively light workloades compared to Lehner, who faced a staggering 57 shots in a 5-4 shootout loss to the Islanders.
Before we discuss Lehner, let’s focus on the goalies that posted clean sheets.
Elliott is one of the streakiest players in the NHL, so perhaps the Blues are in for a great stretch from their backup goaltender after he led them past Florida. Alexander Steen also stayed incredibly hot for the Blues, scoring his 12th goal in 11 games this season.
As a result the Blues are now 8-1-2 this season, although that’s only good for third place in the ultra-competitive Central Division.
The Lightning are off to a fantastic start as well, and they owe a lot of their success to Bishop. He now has an 8-2-0 record, 2.16 GAA, and .924 save percentage following tonight’s victory, and remains one of the hottest goalies in the NHL.
As for Lehner, he was tagged with the shootout loss but still has a feather in his cap, as he set a Senators franchise record for most saves in a regular-season game.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 0
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 40
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (43)