Nov 1, 2013, 12:54 PM EDT
Ellerby, 24, hasn’t played this season but has taken a number of warm-up skates, the odd-man out in a defensive group that’s only featured seven players — Drew Doughty, Matt Greene, Alec Martinez, Willie Mitchell, Jake Muzzin, Slava Voynov and Robyn Regehr.
Acquired by Los Angeles last year with Mitchell and Greene out to injury, Ellerby appeared in 35 regular season and five playoff games for the Kings.
It’s believed L.A. made this transaction in order to bring up Tyler Toffoli and Linden Vey from AHL Manchester. Toffoli leads the Monarchs with 12 points in 10 games while Vey sits second in scoring, with 11 points.
The Kings have also placed forward Jeff Carter on injured reserve. It’s unclear what his ailment is — in Tuesday’s 4-3 OT win over San Jose, Carter played a season-high 23:02 and was on the ice for Anze Kopitar‘s game-winner in the extra session.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 0
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 23
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 28
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)