Nov 1, 2013, 12:20 AM EDT
It’s Justin Peters‘ net, for the time being at least.
The 27-year-old Peters has taken over the starting goaltender duties for the Carolina Hurricanes, with Cam Ward (he’ll miss three-to-four weeks) and Anton Khudobin (it could’ve been worse) out with injuries.
“A couple of weeks ago if you asked me if I thought this would be happening I probably would have said no,” Peters told the Raleigh Observer & News.
“The crazy thing about this game is you never know when you’re going to get this opportunity.
“You’ve got to try and take advantage of the opportunities you get because you don’t know if you’re going to get one again.”
However, his foray into the starting duties has been a tough go, not quite panning out the way he perhaps envisioned.
He has yet to record a win in any of his last three games, allowing nine goals in that span. He hasn’t had much goal support, either. The Hurricanes have scored only four times over Peters’ last three games.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)