Nov 1, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers lost more than a game on Friday.
The Flyers acquired Downie from the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday in exchange for forward Maxime Talbot. The hope was that Downie could provide the struggling Flyers with a spark, but unfortunately he was hurt in his first game since the transaction.
The 26-year-old forward had seven points and 36 penalty minutes in 11 games with the Colorado Avalanche. He had a minus-one rating and got into a fight with Washington’s Aaron Volpatti tonight.
Steve Downie was taken to the hospital tonight after the game.
— Sarah Baicker (@sbaickerCSN) November 2, 2013
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 4
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 17
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)