Nov 1, 2013, 10:10 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers lost more than a game on Friday.
The Flyers acquired Downie from the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday in exchange for forward Maxime Talbot. The hope was that Downie could provide the struggling Flyers with a spark, but unfortunately he was hurt in his first game since the transaction.
The 26-year-old forward had seven points and 36 penalty minutes in 11 games with the Colorado Avalanche. He had a minus-one rating and got into a fight with Washington’s Aaron Volpatti tonight.
Steve Downie was taken to the hospital tonight after the game.
— Sarah Baicker (@sbaickerCSN) November 2, 2013
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 5
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)