Nov 1, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers lost more than a game on Friday.
The Flyers acquired Downie from the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday in exchange for forward Maxime Talbot. The hope was that Downie could provide the struggling Flyers with a spark, but unfortunately he was hurt in his first game since the transaction.
The 26-year-old forward had seven points and 36 penalty minutes in 11 games with the Colorado Avalanche. He had a minus-one rating and got into a fight with Washington’s Aaron Volpatti tonight.
Steve Downie was taken to the hospital tonight after the game.
— Sarah Baicker (@sbaickerCSN) November 2, 2013
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 52
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39