Nov 1, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers lost more than a game on Friday.
The Flyers acquired Downie from the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday in exchange for forward Maxime Talbot. The hope was that Downie could provide the struggling Flyers with a spark, but unfortunately he was hurt in his first game since the transaction.
The 26-year-old forward had seven points and 36 penalty minutes in 11 games with the Colorado Avalanche. He had a minus-one rating and got into a fight with Washington’s Aaron Volpatti tonight.
Steve Downie was taken to the hospital tonight after the game.
— Sarah Baicker (@sbaickerCSN) November 2, 2013
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)