Nov 1, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers lost more than a game on Friday.
The Flyers acquired Downie from the Colorado Avalanche on Wednesday in exchange for forward Maxime Talbot. The hope was that Downie could provide the struggling Flyers with a spark, but unfortunately he was hurt in his first game since the transaction.
The 26-year-old forward had seven points and 36 penalty minutes in 11 games with the Colorado Avalanche. He had a minus-one rating and got into a fight with Washington’s Aaron Volpatti tonight.
Steve Downie was taken to the hospital tonight after the game.
— Sarah Baicker (@sbaickerCSN) November 2, 2013
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)