Nov 1, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
Erik Condra scored his first goal of the season tonight, but he won’t be able to finish the contest. The Ottawa Senators forward has a sprained muscle in his right leg that limited him to just 5:41 minutes of playing time, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
Condra’s goal was the first of the match and has helped the Senators’ cling to a 3-2 lead against the New York Islanders in the second period.
The 27-year-old has been serving primarily as a bottom-six forward this season, but has helped the Senators kill penalties. Going into tonight’s action, Ottawa had the eighth best penalty kill in the NHL.
In addition to tonight’s goal, Condra has three assists in 13 games this season.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)