Nov 1, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
Erik Condra scored his first goal of the season tonight, but he won’t be able to finish the contest. The Ottawa Senators forward has a sprained muscle in his right leg that limited him to just 5:41 minutes of playing time, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
Condra’s goal was the first of the match and has helped the Senators’ cling to a 3-2 lead against the New York Islanders in the second period.
The 27-year-old has been serving primarily as a bottom-six forward this season, but has helped the Senators kill penalties. Going into tonight’s action, Ottawa had the eighth best penalty kill in the NHL.
In addition to tonight’s goal, Condra has three assists in 13 games this season.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 12
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 21
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (94)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)