Nov 1, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
Erik Condra scored his first goal of the season tonight, but he won’t be able to finish the contest. The Ottawa Senators forward has a sprained muscle in his right leg that limited him to just 5:41 minutes of playing time, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
Condra’s goal was the first of the match and has helped the Senators’ cling to a 3-2 lead against the New York Islanders in the second period.
The 27-year-old has been serving primarily as a bottom-six forward this season, but has helped the Senators kill penalties. Going into tonight’s action, Ottawa had the eighth best penalty kill in the NHL.
In addition to tonight’s goal, Condra has three assists in 13 games this season.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32