Nov 1, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
Erik Condra scored his first goal of the season tonight, but he won’t be able to finish the contest. The Ottawa Senators forward has a sprained muscle in his right leg that limited him to just 5:41 minutes of playing time, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
Condra’s goal was the first of the match and has helped the Senators’ cling to a 3-2 lead against the New York Islanders in the second period.
The 27-year-old has been serving primarily as a bottom-six forward this season, but has helped the Senators kill penalties. Going into tonight’s action, Ottawa had the eighth best penalty kill in the NHL.
In addition to tonight’s goal, Condra has three assists in 13 games this season.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)