Nov 1, 2013, 9:07 PM EDT
Erik Condra scored his first goal of the season tonight, but he won’t be able to finish the contest. The Ottawa Senators forward has a sprained muscle in his right leg that limited him to just 5:41 minutes of playing time, according to the Ottawa Sun’s Bruce Garrioch.
Condra’s goal was the first of the match and has helped the Senators’ cling to a 3-2 lead against the New York Islanders in the second period.
The 27-year-old has been serving primarily as a bottom-six forward this season, but has helped the Senators kill penalties. Going into tonight’s action, Ottawa had the eighth best penalty kill in the NHL.
In addition to tonight’s goal, Condra has three assists in 13 games this season.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)