Nov 1, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks could be getting a huge boost for Saturday’s Pacific Division rivalry game against Phoenix.
“I’ve been skating so, yeah, it’s pretty much [the coach’s] decision at this point,” Boyle told CSN Bay Area. “I’ve informed them where I’m at, and now it’s up to them.
“I’ve got to check with them now just to make sure we’re on the same page. Hopefully, I’ll be out there [Saturday].”
The Sharks have fared well without Boyle in the lineup, going 4-1-2 in his absence. The club has rolled with a six-man defensive unit of Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Justin Braun, Jason Demers, Matt Irwin, Scott Hannan and Brad Stuart in his absence.
As for adjusting, Boyle says the hardest part will be the mental side, not the physical.
“I’m sure at least for a little bit, I’ll be a little tentative,” Boyle said. “Hopefully, I get rid of that. Last time this happened [in 2003 with Tampa Bay], I kind of got hit early. That was probably the best thing to happen.
“Hopefully, the first shift I get a hit or get hit. Hopefully, I’ll get some of that nervousness and bad energy away.”
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 0
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 33
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 23
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 48
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)