Nov 1, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks could be getting a huge boost for Saturday’s Pacific Division rivalry game against Phoenix.
“I’ve been skating so, yeah, it’s pretty much [the coach’s] decision at this point,” Boyle told CSN Bay Area. “I’ve informed them where I’m at, and now it’s up to them.
“I’ve got to check with them now just to make sure we’re on the same page. Hopefully, I’ll be out there [Saturday].”
The Sharks have fared well without Boyle in the lineup, going 4-1-2 in his absence. The club has rolled with a six-man defensive unit of Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Justin Braun, Jason Demers, Matt Irwin, Scott Hannan and Brad Stuart in his absence.
As for adjusting, Boyle says the hardest part will be the mental side, not the physical.
“I’m sure at least for a little bit, I’ll be a little tentative,” Boyle said. “Hopefully, I get rid of that. Last time this happened [in 2003 with Tampa Bay], I kind of got hit early. That was probably the best thing to happen.
“Hopefully, the first shift I get a hit or get hit. Hopefully, I’ll get some of that nervousness and bad energy away.”
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)