Nov 1, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks could be getting a huge boost for Saturday’s Pacific Division rivalry game against Phoenix.
“I’ve been skating so, yeah, it’s pretty much [the coach’s] decision at this point,” Boyle told CSN Bay Area. “I’ve informed them where I’m at, and now it’s up to them.
“I’ve got to check with them now just to make sure we’re on the same page. Hopefully, I’ll be out there [Saturday].”
The Sharks have fared well without Boyle in the lineup, going 4-1-2 in his absence. The club has rolled with a six-man defensive unit of Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Justin Braun, Jason Demers, Matt Irwin, Scott Hannan and Brad Stuart in his absence.
As for adjusting, Boyle says the hardest part will be the mental side, not the physical.
“I’m sure at least for a little bit, I’ll be a little tentative,” Boyle said. “Hopefully, I get rid of that. Last time this happened [in 2003 with Tampa Bay], I kind of got hit early. That was probably the best thing to happen.
“Hopefully, the first shift I get a hit or get hit. Hopefully, I’ll get some of that nervousness and bad energy away.”
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)