Nov 1, 2013, 5:55 PM EDT
The San Jose Sharks could be getting a huge boost for Saturday’s Pacific Division rivalry game against Phoenix.
“I’ve been skating so, yeah, it’s pretty much [the coach’s] decision at this point,” Boyle told CSN Bay Area. “I’ve informed them where I’m at, and now it’s up to them.
“I’ve got to check with them now just to make sure we’re on the same page. Hopefully, I’ll be out there [Saturday].”
The Sharks have fared well without Boyle in the lineup, going 4-1-2 in his absence. The club has rolled with a six-man defensive unit of Marc-Edouard Vlasic, Justin Braun, Jason Demers, Matt Irwin, Scott Hannan and Brad Stuart in his absence.
As for adjusting, Boyle says the hardest part will be the mental side, not the physical.
“I’m sure at least for a little bit, I’ll be a little tentative,” Boyle said. “Hopefully, I get rid of that. Last time this happened [in 2003 with Tampa Bay], I kind of got hit early. That was probably the best thing to happen.
“Hopefully, the first shift I get a hit or get hit. Hopefully, I’ll get some of that nervousness and bad energy away.”
- Video: Filppula, Stamkos score two big goals for Bolts 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 7
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)