Oct 31, 2013, 9:25 AM EDT
“There will be a hearing, and only afterwards will we be able to give some kind of comment,” Alexander Varlamov said. “I can only say one thing with complete responsibility: No crime has been committed whatsoever,” he added.
That remains to be seen as Varlamov still has to go through the legal process. At this time, he’s being held in a Denver jail where he’s awaiting being brought before a judge at 10 a.m. local time (noon ET).
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 5
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 4
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 5
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18