Oct 31, 2013, 12:58 PM EST
“My client has not had his day in court, and he will receive his day in court, and we will defend the matter in court,” said Jack Rotole, per Denver Post reporter Kieran Nicholson.
Varlamov, the 25-year-old starting goalie for the Colorado Avalanche, spent the night in jail after turning himself in to police yesterday.
The court also apparently granted Varlamov permission to travel. The Avs play Friday in Dallas.
Varlamov’s agent, Paul Theofanous, said early today in a statement to ESPN.com: “My client Semyon Varlamov is completely innocent of all of these charges.”
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 34
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 9
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28