Oct 31, 2013, 12:58 PM EST
“My client has not had his day in court, and he will receive his day in court, and we will defend the matter in court,” said Jack Rotole, per Denver Post reporter Kieran Nicholson.
Varlamov, the 25-year-old starting goalie for the Colorado Avalanche, spent the night in jail after turning himself in to police yesterday.
The court also apparently granted Varlamov permission to travel. The Avs play Friday in Dallas.
Varlamov’s agent, Paul Theofanous, said early today in a statement to ESPN.com: “My client Semyon Varlamov is completely innocent of all of these charges.”
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 7
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 11
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5