Oct 31, 2013, 12:58 PM EDT
“My client has not had his day in court, and he will receive his day in court, and we will defend the matter in court,” said Jack Rotole, per Denver Post reporter Kieran Nicholson.
Varlamov, the 25-year-old starting goalie for the Colorado Avalanche, spent the night in jail after turning himself in to police yesterday.
The court also apparently granted Varlamov permission to travel. The Avs play Friday in Dallas.
Varlamov’s agent, Paul Theofanous, said early today in a statement to ESPN.com: “My client Semyon Varlamov is completely innocent of all of these charges.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21