Oct 31, 2013, 1:27 AM EDT
The San Jose Sharks still haven’t won a regulation game against the Kings in Los Angeles since Jan. 1, 2011, as CSNBayArea.com points out.
The Sharks fell to 1-8-3 in their last 12 games (including the 2013 playoffs) at the Staples Center, as the Kings edged San Jose 4-3 in OT.
San Jose’s been off to a great start in 2013-14, but the problem against the Sharks’ neighbors came down to finishing. The Sharks had 1-0, 2-1 and 3-2 leads but ultimately couldn’t close out their in-state rivals on Wednesday.
It was a tight game with low shot totals as the Kings took advantage of power-play goals from Justin Williams (12:21 into the third) and Anze Kopitar in overtime to win it. Kopitar also had a primary assist on Williams’ tally.
The Sharks are perched at the top of the NHL with 22 points (10-1-2), but it wouldn’t be surprised if their road to Stanley Cup contention goes through Los Angeles. If so, the Sharks need to find a way to get it done at the Staples Center.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 42
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 10
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (42)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)