Oct 31, 2013, 10:53 AM EDT
From NBC OlympicTalk:
A senior Russian politician says Colorado Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov‘s arrest over domestic violence charges is motivated by the U.S. attempting to weaken Russia’s hockey team for the Sochi 2014 Olympics.
“I’m confident of Semyon’s innocence,” State Duma deputy Igor Ananskikh said, according to R-Sport. “I think it is sports and political move, as Varlamov is a candidate for the Russian national team. The main goal is to suspend him from training and games so that he loses practice and misses the Olympics.”
Per Voice of Russia, Ananskikh went on to call the situation “really strange, given that the Sochi Olympics will take place soon and Varlamov is a candidate to become part of our national hockey team which we do count on. What about presumption of innocence? It’s not normal at all. Varlamov will fall out of the training process which will have an impact on his readiness before the Olympics in Sochi. The first thing that comes to my mind is that it is an effort to weaken our national team.”
Funny, the first thing that comes to most people’s minds is empathy for the alleged victim, not a conspiracy theory connecting international hockey with the Denver Police Department.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Tournament will be a big one for the Flyers forward.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:17 PM EDT
Thus ending the Scott Darling era… for now.
Apr 27, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
New building could open by the fall of 2017.
Apr 27, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Diminutive forward left Game 5 after taking a shot to the helmet.
Apr 27, 2015, 12:31 PM EDT
Tournament begins May 1 in the Czech Republic.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:59 AM EDT
Interference aside, Tampa Bay has had no shortage of power-play time.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:52 AM EDT
Referees Dan O’Rourke (No. 9) and Dan O’Halloran (No. 13), linesmen Greg Devorski (No. 54) and Michel Cormier (No. 76).
Apr 27, 2015, 11:35 AM EDT
Pittsburgh has a lot of cap space tied up in two players.
Apr 27, 2015, 11:17 AM EDT
Washington makes a lineup change in advance of Game 7 versus the Isles.
Apr 27, 2015, 10:59 AM EDT
“I spent seven years there.”
Apr 27, 2015, 10:53 AM EDT
“I’m on my way to coming back. I’m just going through the protocol.”
Apr 27, 2015, 10:07 AM EDT
Boston will also interview Ray Shero and Paul Fenton.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
Injury information trickling in following Ottawa’s Game 6 loss.
Apr 27, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
He was one of Pittsburgh’s final cuts in the fall.
Apr 27, 2015, 8:45 AM EDT
The Islanders and Capitals meet in Game 7 for the first time since 1987.
Apr 27, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
Apr 26, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
That’s a fairly modest increase compared to some of the jumps we’ve seen in the past.
Apr 26, 2015, 10:16 PM EDT
He has every right to be.
Apr 26, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
Montreal will now play either Detroit or Tampa Bay.
Apr 26, 2015, 8:17 PM EDT
Oshie thinks the core has “been playing some pretty good games since the playoffs.”
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)