Oct 31, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning and Phoenix Coyotes have recalled their first-round picks from the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Tampa Bay has brought up Brett Connolly, the sixth overall pick in ’10. Connolly, 21, has been up and down between the Bolts and AHL Syracuse throughout the year, appearing in one game with the Lightning and six with the Crunch.
Tampa Bay Steve Yzerman said the call-up had nothing to do with injuries at the NHL level; rather, he wanted to get his young prospect some NHL action as Connolly’s played well in the minors.
Gormley, also 21, was the 13th overall pick in ’10 and has yet to make his NHL debut.
The former QMJHL Moncton standout was the fourth defenseman selected in his draft year but has had a tough time cracking Phoenix’s deep blueline. An offensive defenseman, Gormley had 29 points in 68 games a year ago and five through seven games this year, leading all AHL Portland blueliners in scoring.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)