Oct 31, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
The Tampa Bay Lightning and Phoenix Coyotes have recalled their first-round picks from the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Tampa Bay has brought up Brett Connolly, the sixth overall pick in ’10. Connolly, 21, has been up and down between the Bolts and AHL Syracuse throughout the year, appearing in one game with the Lightning and six with the Crunch.
Tampa Bay Steve Yzerman said the call-up had nothing to do with injuries at the NHL level; rather, he wanted to get his young prospect some NHL action as Connolly’s played well in the minors.
Gormley, also 21, was the 13th overall pick in ’10 and has yet to make his NHL debut.
The former QMJHL Moncton standout was the fourth defenseman selected in his draft year but has had a tough time cracking Phoenix’s deep blueline. An offensive defenseman, Gormley had 29 points in 68 games a year ago and five through seven games this year, leading all AHL Portland blueliners in scoring.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)